Should You Go For Track Upgrade of Your Luxury Car?by admin July 24, 2021
Whether you enjoy riding to work in style or hitting the streets on the weekend for joy riding, there are many aftermarket options to make your luxury vehicle purchase even better. There are also many options that are simply not worth the expense or effort.
It is important to weigh all the options, as each change made to your vehicle affects how all the parts work together. For that reason, a few fun add-ons are definitely worth exploring, but several do not seem to be worth the cost. Let’s discuss these further below.
Why explore track upgrades?
There are many aftermarket options for your make and model that will change your driving experience in new and exciting ways. You can change the shape, style, and performance of your luxury car. There is no reason not to take a look at what is available and what might be the right fit for your personality and needs:
- New Tires: Replacing your factory-original tires can be a stylish way to enhance your performance. High-performance tires will help with braking, cornering, comfort, and the overall performance of your luxury car.
- Brake Pad and Lines: You can have the rubber brake lines replaced by steel ones, and replace the brake pads for your specific style of driving. By upgrading to stainless steel components in your brake system, deceleration will be more responsive to the higher performance driving you will be doing with your new upgrades.
- Shock Absorbers and Springs: Now that you’ve upgraded your tires and brakes, you’re almost certainly putting your vehicle through the paces out on the road. That means it’s time to beef up the factory springs & shocks to something more sturdy and able to withstand the bumps and turns that come with high performance.
- Snow tires: You can replace your high-performance tires with snow tires. This is very common in different regions of the United States. For anyone who does experience significant variation in seasons with sleet, snow, and ice, having proper tires for winter is a relatively low-cost option for your safety. When the weather warms up, you’ll look forward to putting your high-performance tires back on your car. They will have less wear and tear since they sat in storage during winter, so they’ll last longer.
Give These Upgrades Further Consideration Before Installing
While it is easy to get enthralled with the idea of making big and exciting changes to your car and reaping the prestige and street cred, some changes will cost a pretty penny and require even more upkeep and maintenance.
- Bigger Rims and Narrow Tires: If it’s high performance you’re after, big rims on your vehicle will not give you that exhilarating acceleration down the interstate. Not only do narrow rims risk cracking, breaking, and bending, but narrow tires can also take a beating. The look is undoubtedly unique, so weigh the options of your end goal with the downside before spending money on these upgrades.
- “High Performance” Spark Plugs: The job of a spark plug is quite simply to create a spark to ignite the fuel for the engine. There is no need to shell out top dollar for a part that does the same job as all spark plugs. If the other components in your engine are doing their job, the spark plug needs to do only one thing: make a spark. Give a second through to buying a spark plug that claims to be “high performance” and that makes claims to give you better engine performance. A Porsche, Mclaren, and Lamborghini will beat every car in a quarter mile on spark plugs that costs less than $20 a piece.
McIlvain Motors: Speak to Our Professionals
This breakdown of track options should get you excited about exploring ways to power up your driving experience. As these upgrades increase your car’s ability to accelerate and perform at higher and higher levels, it is all the more important to have your selected upgrades installed by the hands of an expert professional.
At Mcilvain Motors, we are ready to set you up with your chosen modifications in your luxury car. We proudly serve the Chandler, Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe, AZ communities. Give us a call today to set up an appointment for your upgrades!